Partner Product Showcase: Red Lion Crimson Software
This month, we are putting the spotlight on industrial computing solutions specialist Red Lion Controls and their Crimson programming software.
What is it?
Red Lion Crimson is a software programme that powers the majority of Red Lion’s portfolio including the FlexEdge, CR and Graphite HMI’s, data collection and control products, panel meters and more. Crimson software is able to achieve protocol conversion supporting over 300 different communication protocols. Protocol conversion is a key element needed to make the concept of the Connected Factory a reality, empowering plant managers to adapt existing equipment including drives, PLCs and HMIs to drive efficiency while reducing total cost of ownership in industrial environments.
Crimson 3.2 is the latest update of the software with earlier versions including:
- Crimson 3.2– Programming software for FlexEdge™ controllers.
- Crimson 3.1– Programming software for CR3000 & CR1000 HMIs, Graphite® HMIs and Controllers, and E3 I/O™ modules.
- Crimson 3.0– Programming software for Graphite® HMIs, G3 and G3 Kadet HMI operator panels, Graphite Controllers, Modular Controller, Data Station Plus and E3 I/O™ Modules.
- Crimson 2.1– Programming software for PXU meters and controllers, PAX2, PAX, EPAX, LPAX, LD, CUB5 and ICM8 meters.
- Crimson 2.0- Programming software for ICM8, EPAX, LPAX, PAX®2, PAX, T16, T48, P16, P48 and CUB5 (Software Version 2.0 or higher). Also used to program the following G3 HMIs: G303 and G306 with monochrome display.
- Crimson 1.0– Programming software for the original Modular Controller series.
The use of Red Lion’s Crimson-enabled products allows companies to easily integrate almost any PLC, PC or SCADA system for data collection, monitoring and control of factory floor equipment from different manufacturers simultaneously. By utilising Crimson software, businesses are able to bridge the gap between legacy and new platforms, connect disparate assets together and also extend the lifespan of existing equipment; all of which reduces capital costs for companies while also increasing their efficiency.
Simple configuration and HMI Control
When using Crimson software simple applications can be set up quickly using a step-by-step process to configure communications protocols and define data tags for access. An extensive menu of built-in, point-and-click serial and Ethernet drivers map controller data to PLC registers in seconds. Built-in communications drivers inherently know how to talk to PLCs, PCs or SCADA systems, so no code is required to establish communication.
Crimson software is built with support for thousands of characters from Cyrillic to Thai. This feature allows OEMs to use a single database for global markets, giving you the edge over competitors.
Flexible Access to Red Lion’s internal features
Using Crimson software gives you the ability to utilise many of their internal product features such as read/write to the SD card, manage serial ports, create TCP/IP connections to extract data from web sites or create custom interfaces to unique products.
Best of all? It might even be free…
Crimson Software is included with a number of Red Lion products at no additional charge. Software updates, support, cabling instructions and communication drivers are included too. If a specific device driver does not exist, then contact us regarding your requirements. Free online updates allow you to keep your version of Crimson current with the most up-to-date features.
Want to know more?
If you would like to learn more about Red Lion Crimson Software, contact us here.