AOPEN Announces Next-Gen Affordable UHD 4K Media Players with Edge Computing Capabilities.
Taipei, April 19th 2019, AOPEN, a global technology company that specialises in smart products and services for cloud-based applications, today announced the launch of two feature-rich, Windows-based Digital Engine models.
With an ultra-slim, fanless design that integrates easily into kiosks and behind displays, the UHD (4K) DEX5550 is the ideal 24/7 enterprise solution for interactive kiosks, 3D wayfinding, and digital signage. Powerful enough to manage smart retail applications like facial recognition, the DEX5550 is ruggedized for smart manufacturing applications like assembly line item detection. Its features include:
- – High-Performance UHD to Support 2x UHD (4k) @60Hz
- – Dual LAN Ports for Redundancy, Integrated Firewall and Routing Functions
- – 7th Generation Intel® Coreä, available in i3 and i5
- – DDR4-2133 Dual Channel Memory
- – 32GB Memory Capacity
- – Built-in Dual HDMI 2.0 Output
With a 7th generation Intel® Core (available in i5 and i7), the DE5500 consumes little power and supports a DDR4 dual-channel memory with 32GB maximum capacity. Its optional AOPEN intelligent Control Unit provides easy device management like SuperRTC, advanced scheduling, and resolution and black-screen prevention with its EDID Emulator. Features include:
- – Supports two UHD(4K) @60Hz resolution displays
- – Supports HEVC/H.265 & VP9 high-definition video playback
- – Powerful computing, low power consumption
- – Various I/O connectivity: dual Giga LAN & 4 x USB3.0 & 1 x DB9 RS232
“AOPEN stays ahead of the market and understands the business priorities of partners and customers,” says Dale Tsai, AOPEN Global President. “As the leading provider of commercial-grade, cross-platform products, AOPEN solutions meet market demands with next-gen solutions and introduces advanced capabilities into its expanding, innovative portfolio.”